Winc respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you when you visit winc.com or other Winc websites or use our mobile applications (collectively, the “Site”), how we use the information we collect, with whom we share it, how we protect it, and the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect personal information from you, meaning information about you that can uniquely identify you, as well as non-identifying information, if you choose to provide us with such information. For example, if you register as a Winc wine club member we may collect your email address, telephone number, state of residence, zip code, wine and taste preferences, and other information. Additionally, when you access the Site using a mobile device, we may collect and process real-time information about the location of your device if you consent to allow us to do so. We may also collect information indirectly from you through your use of the Site. For more information, see the “Cookies” section, below.
We may use the information we collect to:
- process and complete your transactions including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, enrollment in our membership or other programs, and delivering products;
- customize the content and/or layout of our Site for each individual member, including providing you with personally tailored special offers, programs, and promotional information;
- contact members regarding their orders or accounts;
- send you text messages regarding shipments of your orders if you enroll in the Winc SMS Alert and Notification Service;
- register members to receive emails or other information or materials they request;
- respond to questions and comments and provide customer support;
- communicate with members about our promotions and other services, and provide information to you about programs, products, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or share with you special offers from specially selected business partners of ours;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- enforce our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; and
- comply with applicable legal requirements or obligations and industry standards.
We may enable you to sign into the Site via social networks or access social networks through the Site. If you do so, your use of the social network is governed by such social network’s terms and conditions and privacy policies. If you sign into the Site via a social network or access a social network through the Site, you may be asked to grant Winc access to certain information from your social network profile. We may use this information to help you personalize your experience with the Site, to suggest new features and content that may be relevant to you, or for statistical or other business purposes.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may enable third parties to collect information in connection with our Site. This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of information by third parties on our Site.
- information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of visits to the Site (including whether you are a registered member or first time visitor); and
- information on actions taken on the Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow websites to collect personal information over time about your online activities across different websites or online services. At this time our Site does not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding the collection of your information, and our Site may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
Information We Share
We may disclose aggregated or anonymized information about our users without restriction. We may disclose your personal information:
- to our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep such personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to third parties to market their products and services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- to comply with court orders, laws, or legal process, including to respond to government or regulatory requests;
- to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety; and/or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
From time to time, Winc may update this Privacy Notice. If our information practices materially change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our Site to notify you of these changes, and we will only use data collected from the time of the policy change forward for these new or different purposes. In the event we make a material change to how we use your personal information, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such new or different use. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is at the top of this page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the Site and this Privacy Notice to check for any updates or changes.
You may choose how Winc contacts you and how Winc collects and uses your information in the following ways:
- Marketing Emails
Individuals who have elected to receive Winc’s informational emails, including newsletters about wine deals, can choose to opt-out at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email. Winc Members can also opt out from newsletters by logging into the Site and visiting the Account section.
- Winc SMS Alert and Notification Service
Individuals who have enrolled in the Winc SMS Alert and Notification Service can choose to opt-out at any time by texting STOP, STOP ALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END or QUIT to 25829. For more information about the Winc SMS Alert and Notification Service, please see the Winc SMS Alert and Notification Service Terms.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site’s features.
- Location Information
You can restrict our collection of real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings.
- Web Analytics
You may opt-out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Site by our web analytics vendor by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Accessing Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting the Account section.
We have implemented security measures that are designed to protect personal information from accidental loss, disclosure, misuse, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You transmit information to us at your own risk.
Collection of Children’s Information
The Site is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, anyone under the age of 21. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a anyone under the age of 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 21, please contact us.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain additional privacy rights available here: https://www.winc.com/ccpa.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please write, phone or email us via the contact information below:
5340 Alla Road
Los Angeles, CA 90066